Monday, April 11, 2011

Love Dare- Day 8 AND 9

Friday( Day 8)

Today’s Love Dare is to become your spouse’s biggest fan and reject any thoughts of jealousy. Take yesterday’s list with the negative attributes and burn it. Share with your spouse how glad you are about a recent success he has enjoyed.


This wasn't to impressive. I called him on the way to work and got his voicemail. I told him how proud I was of him and all that he had done at his job. I told him I was thankful for him being such a hard worker. I still, 3 days later, haven't heard a response back to this. He probably thought I was smoking crack. LOL


So, this was the second weekend that it was almost impossible to write.

After Friday night I was going to give up. I had my mind made up that this marriage wasn't going to work and I was NOT going to keep going. Saturday morning rolled around and we got into a massive fight. The fight lead to J.R. telling me to file the papers I started and then he will move out. Oh boy was it big.

After we had all cooled off, put the kids down for a nap, we laid in bed. That's it. We laid there and talked clam. We talked for about an hour. He cried. I would put my hand on his back. Stroke his hair. Anything to give him some comfort. He does not in any way want to be split up from his family, but at times thinks it would be the best for us.

I cried also. I cried because he was crying. I cried because the fear of making a bad choice. I cried because I'm pissed. I cried because it was going to be hard.

I'm pissed that we have been married 7  years. We have had problems the entire 7 years and both of us are to damn lazy to get help or work on it.

If you noticed, I am starting out these dares different. Giving you a long back story on the day.

During the time in bed I told him that I was hurt that he didn't notice a change in me the last few days. I told him about the love dare and everything started clicking. He said he noticed I had been acting really strange and that he liked it but it was so random. We laughed over it.

I don't think I did a dare on Saturday. Ooops.

Here is Sundays.

Love Dare Day 9-

Think of a specific way you'd like to greet your spouse today. Do it with enthusiasm and a smile. Then determine to change your greeting to reflect love for them.

I should mention that after our long talk in bed on Saturday we had a GREAT Sunday. I'm talking really nice. For the first time in..... let me think...well a LOOONG time we just enjoyed each other and being a family. We never once fought. We never once said an ill word to each other.

He left to go to Kohl's during nap time. Before he got home I called him and asked if he wanted me to make him lunch and have it ready before he got home. He told me no. I returned to resting since it was nap time. I hear the keys in the door and I get up off the couch and meet him in the kitchen. I said, "hi" and put my hands on his hips and kissed him on the cheek.

Instantly I got a big ole Kool Aid smile on my face and I whipped around so he couldn't see. I tried being cool about it and not burst out in giggles. He stood there like he had seen an alien. He said, "wow....oh that must be the book." and I almost fell to the floor in tears from laughing so hard.

This is a really long post, and I apologize. But I will wrap it up by saying that I am incredibly skeptical. I have been doing this with him for years. We get along, we make promises, we set goals, we cry, we beg for forgiveness then it all gets blown to hell and I get let down.

I have the papers now. They are ready to go and ready to be filed. But I will still wait until this is over. Still waiting on the miracle to happen. To me, if our marriage is savable, it would truly be a miracle.

Days 8 and 9 down. 31 to go.

6 comments:

  1. Amy, I am in awe of you. You are a great mother. I hate that you are having these kinds of problems. I have had so many friends who have gotten divorced, it makes me really sad. I really wonder if maybe a marriage counselor would help you two. You both have such a vested interest in this relationship: 3 very beautiful boys. I know you are both strong willed, but maybe it would help. Maybe it will affirm your thoughts that it won't work out. It's just a thought, as I feel like I am going through this with you and want only the best for you. Hope maybe you guys have at least considered it.

    I'm sending you all my love and hugs, as a mother and a wife. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you Amy...God is TOTALLY capable of miracles, life is full of big and small ones everyday...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems to me that there is a lot of passion in your relationship, which is awesome. It just sucks that it tends to be channeled into arguments (I guess) instead of intimacy. Maybe you guys would be prime candidates for the ol' "Argue Naked" trick. I bet you wouldn't be able to keep your hands off each other! Thank you for letting us in on this very personal experiment and keep it up. You're awesome and amazing and beautiful and you have in your hands what a lot women would kill for - a husband who wants to be with you (however up and down it may be) and 3 little boys who would never imagine asking for a better mom.

    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post really got to me... I'm praying hard girl! Don't give up!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy,
    I'm still praying fervently for you and J.R. My heart was just breaking as I read your post. I think year 7 was probably the hardest for Paul and I. And that is the year that God took hold of my heart and I actually listened and allowed Him to lead me. It certainly hasn't been "wine and roses" since then. It has been very hard. And I have to constantly bite my tongue. But what did work for us is this: we stopped being selfish and turned to the Lord and began to do what we could to glorify Him. I cannot stress enough the importance of a relationship with Christ. When Christ was asked what the greatest commandment was, He said "Love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your strength. And the second is like it, love your neighbor as yourself." Who is your closest neighbor? Your husband. Sacrifice for him. And then sacrifice for your children.

    ReplyDelete