Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Love Dare- Day 10

Today's Dare-
Do something out of the ordinary today for your spouse --- something that proves (to you and to them) that your love is based on your choice and nothing else. Wash her car. Clean the kitchen. Buy his favorite dessert. Fold the laundry. Demonstrate love to them for the sheer joy of being their partner in marriage.


Doing a dare everyday is much harder than I anticipated. The reason being, I don't see my husband every day and if I do see him, it  might only be for an hour or so. Even though this 40 days might take me 60, I think it works well. For example, I did this day 10, 2 days in a row now. Tomorrow I will do day 11.

Mondays are usually my "days off" Its my day to recover from a busy weekend at work and just be lazy. I normally take a shower, put on fresh comfy clothes, hang out at the house all day, and order something for dinner. Pretty much everyone knows this. If you show up at my house on Mondays, I look like I have been hit by a truck and my house is messy.

Being that the dare was to do something for your spouse I thought, well I will clean the house and make a nice dinner complete with a dessert. Then I got a text reminding me that Aiden had Tball (which means no nice home cooked meal and no time to get all 3 kids ready to go to the store) I decided to clean. While half the boys were at Tball I thought of something I could do that would be super nice and thought, "I will give him a massage when he gets home." He got home way late from Tball and I was half asleep already. Total Failure.

Yesterday I decided to iron his work clothes as my nice deed. Well, J.R. is very very particular on his ironing. I mean, this man seriously spends over a half hour on his shirt and jeans whereas I can knock it out in 10 min. He told me he really appreciates the offer but he would prefer to do it himself. Oh well.

So, although this dare didn't play out quite how I wanted it to, I'm gonna try and do something nice for him everyday. Even if it goes UN noticed.

Something is happening. Something is changing. We are being nice to each other. It is so out of the norm for us. I'm talking about like 5 straight days of kindness and no fighting. This has to be some kind of record for us. I'm trying not to be a skeptic and just enjoy it. Seriously, this is HUGE!

10 dares down. 30 to go. (yes I'm changing the ____ days down to dares down cause this is taking me forever to do!)

2 comments:

  1. Omg...I just squealed out loud! I am so happy for you and proud of your and hopeful for both of you! Can't wait to read tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WAHOO!!! What a true MIRACLE Amy...Keep it up

    ReplyDelete