Friday, April 1, 2011

Love Dare- Day 5

Today's Dare-
"Ask your spouse to tell you three things that cause him to be uncomfortable or irritated with you. You must do so without attacking them or justifying your behavior. This is from their perspective only."


My heart hurts and I feel crushed and defeated. Again today, I want to throw in the towel on this stupid thing. It has taken me so long to post this one today because of the business of life.

This was a hard challenge for me. I sat there and took what he had to say like a woman. I wanted to justify and defend my behavior. I simply sat there on the verge of tears because he feels a way I had no idea I made him feel.

I'm just going to list the 3 things he said. I don't want to go into detail tonight because I am tired and worn out. I was even going to skip writing today, but I cant fail after only 5 days.

Here is his list:

1)  My insecurity
2) Paranoia
3) My Iron Grip

5 days down. 35 to go.

4 comments:

  1. That would be so incredibly hard to just take it and not be able to defend your actions! This entire book so far sounds ridiculous. I am very proud of you girl! Praying you can stat strong!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant, ridiculously hard for the giver who's doing it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man...what a difficult day. I'm praying the God will let you see it through HIS (God's) eyes and with God's heart, so that you can respond with wisdom and grace. I'm so glad you keep going, I was checking yesterday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy- a good friend once told me to take the nuggets of truth and work on them, not to focus on the things that hurt. This was told to me after I had been told by elders in a church that I had no control over my children and that they were "unruly". At the time - this HURT and STUNG! However, after I calmed down, was able to think through and pray about it - God revealed the truth: I wasn't being the parent God wanted me to be, although not unruly - I didn't have a good handle on my children. So - I began to work on what I knew to be true. So - take a breath, pray and work on those things! You can do this - it is hard but God is there with you! Keep going!!!

    ReplyDelete