Thursday, March 31, 2011

Love Dare- Day 3

Todays Dare-
"Whatever you put your time, energy, and money into will become more important to you. It's hard to care for something you are not investing in. Along with restraining from  negative comments, buy your spouse something that says, "I was thinking of you today"


Uggh. Day 3 and I feel like giving up. And the truth is, I probably would if it wernt for the accountability of people reading and expecting to see if I follow through with this. So, I did my "dare" I went out and bought him something for the BBQ. I figured since we were BBQing on Saturday and BBQing makes a man feel like a man. I think he liked it. He was like, "cool thanks" More important to me, I got it at Bed Bath and Beyond with my coupon for only $7. I know, Im cheap. It was hard for me to go spend money on him when just the day before he spent what I would consider to much money on a router thing to make every gadget in our house wireless. So, while I was shopping for something cheap I grumbled to myself that THAT should have been his gift. Maybe I would wrap up the receipt. LOL

I did not have a good attitude about my dare because like I said....Im cheap frugal.

Luckily I had my mother in law here with me and got to "vent" to her a bit. Made me feel much better.

he was gracious enough to call me on his way home to warn me how cranky he was. Thanks. Now I get to stress for an hour what our home life is going to be like with a cranky J.R. And if you all know him at all, you DO NOT and I repeat DO NOT want to be around him when he is cranky.

Great, I get to be around him in a bad mood AND I have to hold my tongue? Geeze Im not superwoman. He comes home and says hi to his mom (thank God she was here or else he would have been 10 times worse!) I basically kept my mouth shut. it goes back to that saying, "if you cant say anything nice, dont say anything at all"

Here's how my night ended (after I woke up from falling asleep on the couch at 8:30) he gets on me for being so quiet all night. Tells me, "i dont know why your so crabby today" I simply say..."Im just being quiet cause I dont want to say anything bad" and he replies, "ok thanks"

Damn!! I just want him to know Im doing this and then yell at him and STOP doing it.

Day 3 done. 37 days go go.

7 comments:

  1. Did the book recommend keeping it secret? Have you thought about asking him to do it with you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, but if you watch the movie the guy does it without his wife knowing. Just makes more sense to me. have you seen the movie?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think doing it without him knowing is better...I can imagine it blowing up easier and sooner if everyone knew, ya know? I'm so proud of you Amy, keep going!! You can do it!! You are being such a great example for your boys too. And how great to have a MIL to vent to!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sooo wish we lived closer to each other :( You can do this! I don't think you should tell him your doing the book, and if u remember in the movie the beginning was the hardest for him too. Beginning something is always easy...it's the sticking with it part that's difficult. You will never be able to complete this in your own strength, You have to give it to the Lord EVERY DAY, confess that you cant do it on your own and that you need HIS strength and patience to guide you...u can do it!!! <3 xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just thought of an idea...for the next 37 days im going to set aside time each day to be on my knees before the Lord on behalf of your marriage and pray (really pray! not just say "prayin for ya") for healing. I LOVE YOU and i want to encourage you to never give up..on your marriage, your family, your husband, YOURSELF and most importantly JESUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amy - Do you remember the prayer I told you when we were doing discipleship and you were upset with JR? "Lord, I can't but you never said I could. Lord YOU CAN and YOU PROMISED YOU WOULD!" This is NOT something you in and of yourself will be able to do - Phillipians 4:13 "I can do ALL things THROUGH Christ who gives me strength." It is through Christ and Him alone you will succeed - when we try to do it on our own - we fall EVERY time!!! Yet through Him, we will find success! Love you and praying for you DAILY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep, watched the movie yesterday. I just didn't know if it was recommended in the book. You're doing awesome!

    ReplyDelete