Saturday, April 2, 2011

Love Dare- Day 4

Today's Dare-
" Contact your spouse sometime during the business of the day. Have no agenda other than asking how he or she is doing and if there is anything you could do for them."

Ok, woops. I already  made a mistake and forgot to blog this day. 2 days ago. Thank you Debran for reminding me.

This was the easiest dare so far. And although it was easy to do, it had the MOST impact.

J.R. was having a really hard day at work. I mean, really hard day. He called me in the morning to tell me about it and in the back of my head I was thinking it was the perfect day to do this. I was kinda glad he was having a hard day. LOL

I didnt ask him right then and there. I waited a few hours after he told me about his hard day. I called him and simply asked, "is there anything I can do to make your day a little easier?"
I tell you what, it literally took the wind out of him. He was SHOCKED and started stuttering. He thought it was so nice that I would ask.

It was simple. It was quick. It was easy.

Hate to run so quickly, but I have a birthday party to get to starting....another blog tonight on today's love dare...a 1st birthday blog ANNNND lots of visiting to do.

Thank you for each one of you praying for myself and my marriage. Thank you for all your kind words and encouragement.

Day 4 down. 36 to go.

1 comment:

  1. GREAT JOB! Perhaps you can repeat this dare on another day when YOU are struggling to keep up with this!!! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete