Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Love Dare- Day 1

Today's Dare-
"The first part of this dare is fairly simple. Although love is communicated in a number of ways, our words often reflect the condition of our heart. For the next day, resolve to demonstrate patience and to say nothing negative to your spouse at all. If the temptation arises, choose not to say anything. It's better to hold your tongue than to say something you'll regret."

When I read this I thought..peace of cake. I only see my husband for about 2 hours a night. How hard can this be right? He came home early (5pm) to take Aiden to tball and didnt come home till almost 7:30. I had to get some groceries after the kids went to bed so that only left me with bout an hour to hold my tongue.  Well I was tested.

J.R. was at the table cutting coupons when Jax decided to bring a cup of water to the table and spill it over about 40 coupons. He lashed out in frustration and was so angry. Normally I would get upset that he was so upset. During this time he was angry, Aiden was being disobedient. So, he was on a total rampage and being a little harsh on the kids. Man, it took everything I had in me not to go off on him! Instead I got a towel, cleaned up the water. I then laid out allllll the coupons to dry. I asked him if there was anything else I could help him with.

The whole ordeal lasted about 20 min and after this time he came to me and apologized for getting so upset. I didnt say anything but thank you. (i forgot to mention that he does NOT know I am doing this Love Dare)

I went on to grocery shop and when I came home he asked where the remote was. I said, "on the tv stand" I dont think I said it with attude, but he took it that way and got very angry with me. He said a few words to me and walked outside to calm down. I cried. I felt like he didnt notice that I was trying. I felt that this whole thing was dumb and pointless. How could he not see that I was trying SOOO hard.

After a few minutes he came in and apologized again. I just said thank you again and this time I said I was sorry (even though I totally didnt think I did anything wrong)

So, day one is over. 39 days to go.

5 comments:

  1. Keep it going momma! So proud of you! I am praying hard for both of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoop whoop! This is so cool. I love that you are sharing this with all of us... such a great inspiration!

    I can totally relate... I get very frustrated with adam's short fuse. But I have to bite my tongue A LOT. And I don't always so we get into it. i like this approach... IT WILL PAY OFF!

    Go Girl!

    Me and Debran should plan a celebratory trip to see you some time this summer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep it up! You're doing amazing!!! Love ya!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you are so brave & strong for doing this. Putting your personal life on here for others to see is a big step! Its such a great idea though, getting support from your friends & family when you need it most. You could be helping out someone else going through similar problems too. You can do this 40 day challange Amy!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete