Monday, November 14, 2011

Reflection time..

Blogging works wonders in more than one way.

Tonight was a tuff one with the kids. No naps all day. Fighting, kicking and screaming all afternoon. Messy house, no time to cook dinner and then throw in mother nature for me and you have a recipe for disaster. Oh yeah..today was tuff.

Needless to say I put the wild animals boys down at 6:30 tonight. A record for me. I mopped the floor then sat down to have some "me" computer time. Escape to the make believe world artistic design and catching up on all my cyber friends day. Then I started to miss my boys. The same boys that almost brought me to tears just minutes before.

But they are MY boys. My babies that I was able to carry in my tummy. My boys that I could call my own. At the end of the day, no matter how horrific they might be. No matter how many times they will embarrass me at the store because of throwing fits, no matter how many times Jax says, "Mom, don't talk to me right now"..they are MY boys. Always and forever. I will be their mamma. I will love them through their acts of disobedience and I will guide them with loving hands.

So I sit here at 8:30 pm. Reflecting. I didn't send the kids to bed with a bedtime story tonight. I simply tucked them in kissed them goodnight and told them.."Sleep good. Tomorrow will be a better day. I love you."


A few shots from today and yesterday. Kids dumping all the stuff out of baby's closet so they can hang on the bar. My (self diagnosed) broken toe. Aiden playing checkers with Nana. Dinner being thrown on the table while Aiden is screaming at me he wants grapes. Then screaming at me to stop taking pictures. And tonight..I decided to bring the outdoor rug and put it under our table for a pop of color. Ahh, the little things in life.

2 comments:

  1. Oh man! We allll have those days girl. And when hubby is away it feel like 50 times worse. Just know, I am here. I am going to call you this week. Miss your voice. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the closet shot! How did he get up there?

    ReplyDelete