Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Brothers

This was the the way Jax would watch his little brother for the first few weeks he was brought home from the hospital. A little lot apprehensive, showing signs of jealousy and anger. You see, Jax was barley 14 months old, just started walking, just gave up the bottle, and didn't even have more than 3 words in his vocabulary. He was STILL a baby when we brought home yet another little boy to join our family. I cant imagine all the things that were going through his little mind.

Actually I probably can imagine. You see, shortly after this picture was taken we took the newest baby out of the car seat and Jax slapped him in his head. That's how he felt. "Listen kid, I don't know who you think you are but you are NOT taking my place. IAM the baby"

Over the next few weeks and months Jax warmed up to Reid.




Now, 18 months later, they are the best of friends. 2 peas in a pod. Peanut butter and Jelly. At almost the same size (just a few pounds and a few inches difference) they are more like twins. Jax is so protective over his brother and is always telling him to tag along and play. Don't get me wrong, they can fight with the best of them. Reid is so spoiled and all he has to do is let out a high pitched scream and Jax gives into him. Will hand over his most prized toy just to make his brother happy.

It does my heart good to look over at the table and see this sort of thing, Jax helping his brother eat even though he is more than capable of feeding himself.

Sometimes I let my mind wander to the boys they will be in high school. One a senior, the other a junior. I pray they will be the best of friends, play sports together, do theater, be in a band. Whatever their hearts desire is. I can imagine Reid telling Jax how much he likes the same girl and Jax saying, "you can go for her Reid"

But that is a long way away.
For now, I am enjoying watching these beautiful boys grow up together and share this special bond.
All boys. I have 3 boys. Yes, sometimes I still have to remind myself. I am a mother to 3 amazing, beautiful, smart, and loving boys. And I wouldn't have it any other way.


2 comments:

  1. This made me tear up a bit! You are such a good Mom, and your boys are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a neat post...you'll love looking back at this post. It's these memories that we're making that help us get through the really difficult times. My boys are really close now too, they are 20 months apart but are becoming FAST friends. They share a room now and love it. Boys are fun :)

    ReplyDelete