Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Pity. Party of 1 Please.

In the past 3 days I have had some of my most humbling parenting moments to date. The past 3 days have basically been hell. I'm not asking for pity or anything else. Heck, I haven't asked for any help at all.

J.R. got an offer to go to Texas to work for a few days. Great right? I get the house to myself, I get to set my own pace and see what its like to do it alone. I get a break from the arguing and fighting and I just have to deal with me....and my 3 monkeys.

Well a few days has now turned into 9 days. I am on day 9. The kids seem to just know that I am having a hard time and of course they are fighting more, pooping more (yes I said pooping...for real how many diapers do I have to change this week?) crying more and sleeping less. Pile on that me working and I am completely worn out. At my breaking point.

I have snapped at them, I have yelled at them, I have flat out  locked myself in my room and just cried.

It is a normal for one of the three to act up on a daily basis, but it is rare that ALL 3 of them will do it at THE. EXACT. SAME. TIME.

How about 2 days ago when I decided to take them to the mall and let them play in the play area while my mom and I got to visit? We had to leave with all 3 of them kicking and screaming. You see, as  I said they are not sleeping..so they are devils cranky. I loaded them into my swagger wagon one at a time while the others would be laying IN the parking lot screaming at me. Yes, I was THAT mom. I hustled them into the car, drove to an empty spot in the parking lot and let them have it. And then I drove away from the horrific experience.

I couldn't control my anger. I was embarrassed, mad, frustrated, and flat out exhausted. I had to pull the car over and just cry. I cried and cried. For once, the van was silent besides the sound of me sobbing. I looked back into the van at my boys and all 3 of them were staring at me in horror. This was the first time they had seen their mommy completely loose it.

The last 2 days since the mall experience have been just as bad. All 3 of them were up all night long last night. Kindly they each took separate turns. Thanks guys. I want to cry. I want to run away. But mostly, I want strength. I want patience, I want kindness and I want my heart to be full of love and not anger. (oh yeah, and I want my husband back!)

This morning I was pulling up to drop Aiden off at school. He saw his "best friend" Bradley walking and asked for me to stop and wait so he could walk with him. I did. And as Aiden jumped out of the car he turned back and waved at me and had the biggest smile on his face. Bradley put his hand up to high five him (Bradley is 12 and Aiden is just in awe of him) Aiden jumped up to slap his hand and then skipped off with him.

I drove away smiling bigger than I have in days. Its moments like those, to watch your child grow and to be filled with so much happiness.

Today is a new day. I will be the best mom I can. I will love my children. I will choose to react with patience and love, but I will also be dreaming of a get a way! Major props to all those single mamma's out there. This stuff isn't for sissy's that for sure!

Wrapping up my post I look to my right and see this..my boys playing so nicely together. Makes my heart happy! (don't judge that they aren't dressed and don't have shoes on! LOL)


1 comment:

  1. man oh man lady...have I been there. I had my week from hell last week and totally lost it and cried my eyes out too. lol, feels terrible, huh? But you're not alone ;) Keep going lady, you'll be alright! xoxo

    ReplyDelete