Friday, July 15, 2011

A theif in our house

You know those old home shows where they find stuff hidden in the walls a hundred years later and it is such a great surprise? Well, if you  live in my home 100 years from now and you knock down our bedroom wall you are bound to find countless treasures.

Over the past week I have noticed little things go missing. I blame it on my inability to stay organized. Little things like lip gloss, makeup brushes, earrings and toothbrushes. It has been driving me crazy. I hate losing things. I feel like its money going down the drain. Well in a sense it is.

I'm sitting at the computer doing our banking (NOT ON FACEBOOK..day 2 thank you very much) and I hear a CLUNK.

I turn around to see my baby standing by the door with a I'M NOT DOING ANYTHING WRONG smirk on his face.

I go back to the computer and hear it again. Well before the second CLUNK I noticed my precious April Fools baby had my favorite (and expensive) makeup brush in his hand. I didn't take it away because I am focused on banking and bills and if that's what keeps him happy for 5 min then so be it.

I look at the wall. There has been a hole in our wall from the door getting slammed. It is the size of the doorknob, but I have learned it is the perfect spot for my 1 year old to stash all my great little treasures in my room.

What am I gonna do? Knock the wall down? Nahhh, I guess I will leave them for people in the next century!


2 comments:

  1. THis is SUCH A CRACK UP. But if it were me, I would be soooooo pissed. Especially if they were throwing expensive makeup brushed down there. Have you tried using a hanger or something to get it out?
    Have you patched the hole? Even duct tape may do the trick for a while!

    Reid is getting soooo big and soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg...this is so stinkin' funny!! i love it! I would be mad too!! LOL, He is so cute!

    ReplyDelete