Thursday, June 30, 2011

A Whole Hand!

Dear Aiden,

You are 5 years old now. That is a WHOLE HAND!

It's hard to imagine we went to the hospital to have you on June 26th around midnight and the next day we had you. I remember being so full of excitement and nervousness. I had no clue what to do with a baby and just like that God gave us you! You were a dream come true and so desired and longed for by your daddy and I.

I will never forget the moment they put you on my chest and tears of joy streamed down my face faster than I could wipe them away.

Now your 5. You are smart. So smart. I know all moms say this but really....you are brilliant. You can spell and read many words. You know the sounds to your letters. You can add and subtract. You understand so much and have such a funny way with words.


You are also strong willed and stubborn. Aw man, we have our work cut out with you. You will fight tooth and nail. If you think the sky is green there is nothing that will make you think otherwise.

You love your Aunt Toots. She is your hero. You would move out and live with her if I let you. And she loves you so much. In fact, you are surrounded by so many people that love you. You have your Nana and Grandpa. They let you spend the night many times and you cant get enough of their pool. Nana say when you turn 5 you can't sleep in her bed anymore. She says you have to move to your own room. Well, you haven't spent the night since you turned 5, we will see how long that lasts. haha I know she loves to snuggle you and you always ask her to rub your back. You also have your Goofy Grandpa and Goofy Grandma here. Sometimes you get annoyed at them calling you goofy. You know how that name started? Well, you had so many grandparents and when we would talk about them when you were about 3 you would always ask, "which one?" So we said the one that calls you goofy. That lead to just "goofy grandma and goofy grandpa" You also have your Grandma Jo Jo. She lives in California and you guys are buds!! She loves doing anything outdoors and creative with you. She has even flown out to see you about 4 times already!

Aiden, you are a fantastic big brother. I couldn't ask for you to be any better with your little brothers. You are so kind and so protective. Don't get me wrong, you sometimes get fed up with Jax taking your toys or following you everywhere but that's cause he wants to be just like you. You love to hug them, kiss them, and talk to them. You also love to discipline them. Your not quite getting it that that is my job. But you mean well and they adore you. You are always asking for a baby sister. Today you said, "mom, I don't care if you have 15 boys before we get a sister, can't we PLEASE just have one?"  I think you are going to make an awesome daddy one day.

I am so proud of the polite and sweet young man you are becoming. You are a light in my life and a joy to my world. Whoever you become and wherever this life takes you I will always love you and be your biggest fan.

Love you Forever!
Your Mamma

1 comment:

  1. Oh so sweet! You are so great at these little notes to your kiddies! I adore this post as will they when they can read.
    Love you and the mama you have become. Chat soon!!

    ReplyDelete