Sunday, September 26, 2010

Thankful for Throw Up


I was burping the baby last night when all of a sudden like so many times I got puked on. After I cleaned him and myself up I looked at his super cute smile and all I could think was how thankful I was that I have him to throw up on me!! His throw up was a sign to me that he was HERE.I have him.

J.R. got home from work and we went and enjoyed the nice night on our patio and I was apologizing for how the house hasn't been perfectly clean this week. I told him that I was spending less time on the house because its not as important as spending time with our boys. They are only going to be little for so long. I went even further to say that I don't mind the loud and noisy house anymore. A loud house means there is LIFE in it. God forbid anything should ever happen to one of our beautiful sons, we would long for the day to have a loud house. I am THANKFUL for my chaos. Now, with that said..I'm not giving myself a license to be messy and crazy, I'm simply just going to enjoy my kids more and never take one minute for granted.

This talk last night got both of us really chocked up. It even brought tears to J.R.'s eyes.

Then today. Just a few hours after this talk about how special our kids were we got some horrible news. While at church my Grandma told me that our friend Joey was on his way to Mississippi because his 2 1/2 year old grandson had just drowned in a pool and passed away. As I write this I am still in shock. You never think something like this can happen to you or anybody you know and then it does. Life is so short. It is so fragile and precious. We MUST live everyday thankful for what we have and thankful for the people in our lives. Please, if you are reading this, pray for this family. They have suffered a horrible tragedy. No parent should ever have to bury their child.

With all this said, I will forever forever forever be thankful for throw up.

1 comment: