Monday, September 20, 2010

The Picture That Will (I hope) Change My Life!

Have you ever looked at yourself in a picture and thought, "Wow, is that what I REALLY look like?" I found one of those pictures today. (NOT the one below) Infact, we just took it on Saturday at the Childrens Expo. I saw it and couldnt believe how big and unhealthy I have let myself get. I have never ever had a weight problem. Infact I was always teased in Elementry school for being to thin. I remember one boy called me "two back Amy" because I was flat as a rail.

I think it all started when I was pregers with Aiden. I gained 70 pounds! I totally thought I had to eat for 2 and boy did I. I never thought I could ever gain weight so I just ate and ate and ate. Nobody ever mentioned to me that I was gaining to much until after I had had the baby and lost 100% of the weight within a few months (thank you Jesus for breastfeeding lol) After I lost all the weight people would make comments and jokes all the time about how big I got.
Baby #2. I gained 40 pounds and again lost it all within a few months. By the time I lost it all I got pregnant with baby #3! Again I only gained about 35-40 pounds. So now, baby #3 is almost 6 months old and I haven't lost it yet. Infact, I have only lost 10 pounds since he was born. I dont know if it is age, number of babies, or the fact that I couldnt breastfeed him due to his cleft. All I know is I dont want to be an unhealthy mom. I dont want to feel bad, I dont want to eat junk. I want to be a positive role model for my kids. So, with that....I am going public with my weight problem so I have accountability and support. My goal is to lose 30 pounds. I dont know how Im gonna do it yet. I will figure that out tonight. For today, I am going to eat anything I want and go to town in the pantry. HAHA This picture ------------->
was taken my senior year of high school. 10 years ago!!!

Im probably like most busy moms. I eat whenever I get a chance and those chances aren't that often. A bit of and old pb&J here a cookie there. Grab a pop tart on the way out the door. I usually don't eat dinner until all 3 boys are in bed, and I am guilty of not buying the most healthy items. I am a sucker for sugar. Any way I can get it I want it! But this is where I put my foot down and say, I might not ever look like my 18 year old self again..but I can look good and feel confident as a wife, mother, and a WOMAN!

And here is the picture I saw and thought that I needed a change:


And this one was a runner up! LOL




Im gonna post a blog in the next few days of measurements, etc. and just do a weight loss journey blog once a week! (that's my goal, we will see how that pans out!) So, wish me luck. Im lazy and have no self control!!!

3 comments:

  1. You're so funny! You do not look as bad as you think you do! I think that a goal to get fit is a fine idea though. Being healthy is more important than just loosing weight. You remember what I have to tell myself though - you will never again look like you did in high school! We've each had 3 kids, thus our boobs got bigger, our hips spread and we put on muscle carrying those 3 kids around and lifting them up. I told Jason that after our #4 gets here my goal is to get my weight within 15-20 lbs of what I weighed in H.S. Because I'd look like I was starving to death if I tried to do more! Good luck Amy! Start with small changes, get it to where to are sticking with it and then add another change. Eventually you will see a huge difference in your whole diet and exercise lifestyle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what's funny? You're so beautiful that I would never have even GUESSED that you wanted to lose 30 pounds. If you're 30 pounds overweight, you're the most beautiful overweight mother I've EVER seen! HA! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are beautiful Amy. Seriously. You always have been and you always will be no matter your pants size. That being said - I am always happy when people want to eat healthy. I do it because it just tastes better. I am a BIG believer in organic and clean eating, but thats just me. Any advice, ideas for things to eat or support and I am your girl :) But remember - you are FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete