Monday, March 7, 2011

I Need Shabby Help!

I remember when i first got married I wanted all my furniture to be that light wood. A year later I wanted cherry wood. Few years after that it was all about the white wood. Well now, I just want WOOD. Any kind of painted, distressed wood. Thank to Nancy, I am crazy about anything Shabby. I didnt even realize how much I liked this style. It started off with my bedroom remodel (which is still not finished!) And now it is gonna be spread into my living room/kitchen.

Here is where you come in blogger people. I need help. I have many ideas but cant figure out what will go with what. I know the beauty of Shab is that everything goes together. My living room is a warm one right now. Orange wall, dark curtains....etc I want to paint the orange wall a light grey and keep my tan walls tan. Im going to hang white curtians, replace a lighting fixture and then the big project is this:



I got this on CL for $25. It is a much needed TV stand. It is high, sturdy and long. Well, Im gonna strip it down and paint it, replace the knobs, and take out the glass and replace it with something.....I just dont know what color to go with. A tiffany blue would be fun I thought. Give the room a pop of color. So something like this below-




But then I love the sage green also.... (the only thing I could find with the right color)


I love how they include greens, blacks, and whites


Then I found this picture and realized that you can put all the colors together and have something beautiful. Blue, green ,white, grey, etc....




Ahhh can you imagine having a home like this with 3 little boys!!????

What do you think? Should I paint the TV stand a sage green or more of a tiffany blue?

3 comments:

  1. green...I decorate with whites, that green, that blue, grey, lavender and black here and there. It is so relaxing and charming and always easy to find stuff that goes or redo something to work! Go with it! The boys will learn...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOHHHH i love that look too. Too bad hubby doesn't! You are brave to take on all these remodels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should do whatever you love to look at most! Because it it soo much work, you might not want to do it again! Also, check out theletteredcottage.com, lots of brilliant inspiration, how-tos and such, it's a little more shabby with a sea emphasis

    ReplyDelete