Friday, November 18, 2011

Dear Aiden....

Dear Aiden,

I meant to write to you after we had our parent teacher conference with your teacher. There was so much I wanted to tell you. So much I wanted to write down so I wouldn't forget. I wanted to document how advanced you were in your kindergarten class. I wanted to jot down that you were one of the 15 kindergarten students that was moved up to a higher level reading class!! Your daddy and I are so proud of you. Mrs. Nottingham spoke so highly of you. Basically what I got out of it was that you are a genius. Must have been all the fish oil I took while I was pregnant with you! Not really. I mean I did take it with you to help your little brain develop, but you are just a smart kid.

Now that I chatted with you about that. Something special happened tonight. I was tucking you in and Jax asked for a bedtime story. I told a quick one and said goodnight. You started crying hysterically! I ignored you ONLY because you have been throwing so many fits tonight I knew you were just tired and needing to sleep. After 2 short minutes I came in to see what you were fussin about.

And with the sweetest brown eyes you said, "mom I wanted to read YOU a book." I about collapsed in your bed, put my arms around you and said, "Aiden......I would LOVE for you to read to me"

We have been working at your site words and trying to get you to read to us as much as you can but you never want to or else your brothers are bothering you to much and you cant concentrate.



This time was different. Jax sat up with the biggest smile and watched you read a book. It was The Wheels On The Bus. Now, I know you KNOW the song but you were reading every single word and pointing to each one while you spoke it. It was beautiful. It was amazing. It brought tears to my eyes.



After you were done reading the book I started pointing to random words and you read every single one of them. I wanted to check to make sure you were really reading and not just memorizing.

Aiden James, I am SO proud of you. I can't believe how big you are getting. You are growing up to fast. Please just slow down a little. Your mamma is having a hard time that you are quickly becoming a little man.

Love Always and Forever,
Your Mamma

2 comments:

  1. This/he/they/you are amazing! XOXOXO Can't wait to have the genius spend the night tonight. We will have fun in Scottsdale.

    ReplyDelete