Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentines

Im going to be the first to say I am not the biggest fan of Valentines day. To me, it is a huge let down day. Every girl desires to be and feel something special. And I think my expectations are to great and Im always let down. So, therefore I have always encouraged J.R. and I not to make a big deal over this stupid day. (besides our wedding anniversary is 2 weeks away and we always focused on that not Vday)

Yesterday was just like any other Sunday. We actually managed to go to 1st service at church and after Aiden got out of his class he started telling girls, "Happy Valentines" and telling me about Valentines. We got home and he told his dad that he needed to go to the store to buy me something for Valentines. Aiden told me he wanted to get me makeup cause he knew I liked makeup. lol I pulled J.R. aside and told him that was great cause I was out of mascara and powder. I thought thats what I was going to get...in the Walgreens bag and all. Little did I know that I am raising and particularly romantic and thoughtful little boy.

He came home so excited to see what he had gotten me. I had just woke up from a nap (notice in the pictures the PJ bottoms but still wearing my church shirt and jewelry) very stylish.

J.R. told me he let Aiden pick out whatever he wanted.



Look at the look on his face. He couldn't control his excitement.


I got a WONDERFUL marshmallow flower bouquet that naturally he wanted me to open and try right away (I think this was more for him than for me!)

This was the  best. He said he wanted me to be a princess. Ahh melt my heart.

And I got.....MAKEUP!!!

Totally sticking my lip out cause Im holding back the tears. Without asking he held my hair back so I could put on my amazing earrings.

The boys were in awe at something so sparkly and pink.

For the rest of the afternoon he kept telling me how beautiful I was and how much he loved me. He brought tears to my eyes. He is going to make a woman very happy one day. One day very very very long down the road. Until then, Iam his only princess.

2 comments:

  1. This is so amazing!! Look at what a fine job you are doing raising those gentlemen! And how special that YOU are their princess! Ugh...Kaelyn steals that show around here :( lol

    ReplyDelete