Friday, January 7, 2011

VENTING!

Let me first start off by saying there are no pictures in this blog. This is a strictly venting blog and although there are PLENTY of things I could be taking pictures to better describe why I'm venting. I have no time and no energy. Besides, I need to vent ASAP not take pics first, upload them, and so on and so forth.

Most  people cant wait till the weekend because it means they are off work and they get to spend wonderful sunny days with their family working on projects or swinging in the park. Skipping rocks, sleeping in, or going out.

NOT ME! Tomorrow cant get here fast enough! I cant wait for the weekend because it means I get to go wait on people for 8 to 10 hours for usually less than 15% tips (damn economy) and you know what I couldn't be happier right now.

I feel like I have failed in every single area this week. A housewife, a friend, a mom, every single area.

I'm just over this week. It has been so emotional and trying. I love my kids to the end of the earth, but mama needs her break! My breaking point came today when I had a full out anxiety attack. It came upon for no reason. I felt like I couldn't breath and that I was going to pass out. My chest was in so much pain. I decided I needed to put my anxiety to rest so I would start a project. Operation re-arrange our furniture to make the room seem new. I emptied our TV cabinet and without taking our 42 inch TV off decided to pull on it. Must have pulled it to hard cause the damn thing completely collapsed and the T.V. was saved by my ribs. Just a cherry added to the top of my day.

 I'm ready to go to work tomorrow. I thank God for the weekends. When everyone else is out to dinner, having fun...I am the one waiting on them. Just like I do at home. Wait on people. Take care of their every needs. Respond to outrageous requests and make sure people are happy. At least I get paid for my weekend job. LOL thanks for taking time to read my rant and rave!!!

4 comments:

  1. So sorry Amy... I hate weeks like that!!! I will pray that tomorrow will be a welcome break and that people will tip BIG TIME cause you are an amazing wife, mom, server, and MOST DEFINITELY friend! Love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know what you mean....getting paid to do those things can make it seem worthwhile, but you being a mama is beyond anything else you will ever do. Don't forget His mercies are new every morning. Start fresh. i'm gonna send you something....can I get your address (again). Love ya girl and HANG in there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man lady...I just recently hit my one year mark of not working, but I do remember all too clearly having days where I did not mind the hassle and stress and chaos of getting to work or passing off the kids or getting things done by a certain time to get there (let alone the ridiculous customers) just so I could have a little time where my identity was not found in diapers and tantrums. lol... hang on to the good times. You know what sometimes helps me pull through a really crappy week or day or hour is to look through old pic of the kids, prego pics, birth pics, etc. those pics we take of all the happiest times really help me keep going sometimes. other times, they do nothing and the only thing that helps is locking the kids outside and watching oprah while sipping a wine cooler. WHAT?! I mean, praying while drinking some lemonade. lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks ladies. Christine, after I read what you said i kept telling myself that over and over..."Mercies are new each morning" Debran, you crack me up. But seriously, your idea of going through old pics really does work!! Just blogging about it works for me. Once i get all my feelings out its like, "whew...now I dont feel so bad. I can do this" I love love love staying at home Mon-Fri. Its amazing and I wouldnt trade it for anything in the world! And thank you Ronnie for the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete