Friday, October 22, 2010

A moment to myself

I had such great intentions today. I cleaned #1 and #2's room first thing in the morning. I was gonna get the rest of the house done during nap time. Then I made one huge mistake. I read my friend, Christine's blog (http://collinsincorona.blogspot.com/ ) I read her current one and then I thought, "wow she has posted 301 blogs. I wonder what her first one said" I went to the kitchen brewed a pot of coffee and sat down to read. Tears were streaming down my face because she and I have had similar experiences when it comes to our kids (we have been prego just about all 3 times together, her first she found out she was pregnant the day I was having Aiden) I feel like I can learn so much from her, she is an amazing mom and I would recommend checking out her blogs....


OK so the point of this is just how fast life passes us by. One min. I am freaking out because I'm about to give birth to my FIRST child and I don't know how I'm gonna do it. I remember thinking my life was OVER. Now here I am 4 years later with 3 amazing boys. I am so overwhelmed with emotions right now. I don't even know how to get my words out without rambling sounding like a drunk woman. I am so amazingly blessed. How awesome is it that God choose ME to be these boys moms? And one day (once the economy is better and my marriage is rock solid) I pray the Lord blessed me with a little girl!!




So this is what I gave up today to spend some reflection time:

A very messy living room-









A very messy kitchen complete with lunch still left out from over an hour ago







The "sitting reading" room- Again, a MESS!

(p.s. I cant wait to get that back wall painted!!)







All this mess because of 3 little monkeys who I so very very much




4 comments:

  1. how sweet! girl you're making me tear up now. you should see my house right about now!!!

    miss you terribly, wishing we were neighboors again. those were the days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too :) Like 2 1/2 more weeks and I will be out there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy the time with them now - before you know it they will be grown! The house can wait a day or two or three; there is nothing as meaningful as a mom who will stop her day and reflect on the blessings of her kids! You are a spectacular wife, mom and friend! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Federica! Yours as well. Cant believe I have someone out of the country who has read my blog!! (Im new at this)

    ReplyDelete