Monday, March 5, 2012

3 Years Young!

To my sweet middle son,
Can I start off now with saying better late than never? You turned 3 6 weeks ago.
What a year you had. You went from a little toddler to a little man. You went from saying less than 5 words at 2 years old to saying full sentences overnight.
You are compassionate, obedient and shy. You stand back and watch things and take things in before jumping in with both feet. You love your little brother and are your Grandpa's little buddy.
You are always wanting to help me and the first boy that always says "yes ma'am" when asked to pick up toys.
The past few days I have had to discipline you more than normal. It is very foreign for you not to listen. If I spank your hiney you cry and ask me to kiss it after cause it hurts. It melts my heart. You almost immediately tell me, "mom, Im sorry I want to be good" I love your heart.
I love that you love to snuggle with me. You hate it when I sing. You always have. You get embarrassed when I dance or act silly.
You are so very smart. You know all your colors, shapes, and can count to 20!
I tried to potty train you for months. You would have a serious look on your face and just say, "Im not wearing underwear, I wear diapers" Nothing I could do could get you to try to go in the toliet. No about of bribery, candy, or reasoning. You simply just weren't ready. I couldn't believe you would be wearing a diaper during your 3rd birthday party (which was the day before you actually turned 3)
And then, in the typical Jax behavior, you woke up on your 3rd birthday and said.."mom Im ready to wear underwear cause Im 3 now" And just like that you were potty trained!
I love you more than you will ever know Jonathan Alexander. (which if I call you that you say, "MY NAME IS JAX!") You amaze me with your gentle spirit and your gracious heart. You are beyond a blessing in my life. I am thankful for everyday I get to be your mamma and watch you grow.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post! Gosh I can't believe sweet Jax is 3. Time flies! I remember the day he was born and how he would always crash out in my arms. You are blessed with 3 beautiful boys! I love you Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. precious Amy! Thank for making me cry!

    I cannot believe he is THREE!! THat it's been that long since i've seen you! Happy Birthday little guy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Still remember that long day/night at the hospital. What a precious boy...Jax will definitely make an impact on the world ahead with his caring and tender spirit!

    ReplyDelete