Tuesday, May 1, 2012

My baby is 2!






Dear Josiah "Re-Re" Reid,
I put all your names in there because at 2 years old everyone still calls you something different. That's ok though cause it fits you. You put a whole new meaning to, "they broke the mold when they made you"

You turned 2 a month ago. I figured I wouldn't want to write your birthday post on time because I am known for being late about it with your brothers so why break tradition.



2. TWO years ago I brought your little 6 pound self home from the hospital terrified of what was to come. Terrified of how to care for you with 2 other boys at home. Terrified of how to feed you. Terrified that I wouldn't be able to nurture you and cuddle you as much as I did your brothers. As I probably mentioned in your 1 year blog, the first year you were such an easy baby. Not fussy, slept through the night, and just a love bug.


And then you started approaching the terrible terrific twos. Good Lord you are a strong willed, ambitious, and a crazy monkey! You don't take no for an answer and you fight with your brothers like you are 6 years old. You have the constant need to want to be the center of attention. And did I mention how strong willed you are?!! You can out do me any day!



But those big brown eyes. Oh those brown eyes that welt up when I have to tell you no. The brown eyes that sparkle when you hear music playing. The beautiful brown eyes that look at me and hold my face and tell me you love me. I am in love with those brown eyes. They melt my heart everyday.

You are so smart. Probably the smartest 2 year old I know. You can talk in sentences and have been for months. You can count almost to 20 and know all your colors. You can sing along to Taylor Swift and you are a dance NUT. In fact, you were standing up dancing before you even took your first step.

You adore your brothers and they think the world of you. You have some of the greatest family any kid can ask for. They love you so much and are so involved in your life. Despite all the changes happening around you, I promise to always love you. Support you and give you the best life possible. I promise to better myself as your mama every single day. Even on the days when you are strong willed and hard headed you will always be my precious little baby and I thank God for you everyday!

Always and Forever,
Your Mama

2 comments:

  1. aweeee! i loove this. its always so precious to watch them grown. bittersweet. I CANNOT BELIEVE HES TWO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2? Where did time go? Such a sweet post about your little man! Love ya!!!

    ReplyDelete