Thursday, June 9, 2011

What a Difference 2 Months Can Make

Dear Reid,

Please forgive me for never blogging about your first year.  I've said this many times that it's better late than never. I woke up this morning just wanting to talk to you (well the old you because the time you read this Im sure you will be well into your teens)
We were so blessed by you. You started sleeping through the night at only 6 weeks old. You would sleep 12 straight hours. You were an angel baby. You would never fuss. Even when you had ear aches you would just never cry. You loved being held and cuddled. You could sit on someones lap for an hour without fussing or getting bored. You adored your brothers and watched their every move. They also adored you. They would often fight over who got to kiss you goodnight first and were always wanting to hug you, hold you and feed you.

At about 11 months old you started to cry. Don't get me wrong, its not like you never cried before. You would whimper every now and then,k but around 11 months is when you started to throw fits. I didn't mind at all. You were getting a personality and were quickly growing out of the baby phase and rapidly approaching a ONE YEAR OLD!

You were still not walking and had no desire to do so. That was fine with me. You would walk when you were ready.

Your first birthday came and went. You had a great first year. You were seriously the most amazing, loving, and easiest baby ever! (sorry brothers)

13 months old you started walking and BOY DID YOU CHANGE!

You have become such a rebel in the past 2 months. I mean a real wild, daring, mischiefs little MONKEY!



You will climb on everything. Try to leap off the couch like your brothers. Get into everything. Open ever cabinet (thank the Lord for locks) Climb out of your high chair (I don't have the straps anymore. You are the only one of the boys that needs to be strapped in) You have learned how to open the stove and stand on the door (thanks Jax!) You dump out any crafts and rip every single piece of paper you can find. You will eat anything and EVERYTHING in sight. Even if its not food...it goes in your mouth.

You squeak and squeal and laugh so loud. You are already starting to talk. You can say "bye bye" "hi daddy" "thank you" "ball" and of course Nana swears you can say her name.

You are a ball of energy. Still ever so sweet as the day you were born. You are our lover boy. You are social and curious. Not so much cautious and extremely adventurous. You are so perfect in every way. I love watching you grow and turn into a toddler. You bless my life more than words can say. I love you so much Josiah "re-re" Lanway!

2 comments:

  1. aw....great post lady!!! I love it!! sounds like such a lively and fun little boy! I love the picture of him with the chocolate milk mix! hahaaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. these letters are the best! I love reading about each kid and getting to know a bit more about them - since we've never met! So sad. Some day soon Reid - I am gonna meet you! But I love you already!

    Great pics, way to capture the moments.

    ReplyDelete